Stick with a brand style and guide:
Brands are well understood when the tone and visual language are maintained. Brand CI (Corporate Identity) online and in e-books should be maintained.
CI is synonymous with a brand’s personality. A brand style guide converts the brand’s essence into a design. People identify with the brand from its style guide. A brand style guide codifies a brand to an audience by maintaining a sound, look and feel. It is employed by copywriters and the creative team to create copy.
The following five components are established before a style guide can be created:
- 1. Mission statement
- 2. Vision statement
- 3. Target audience
- 4. Brand personality
- 5. Core values
The following are steps for a brand style guide:
- 1. Get inspiration that sticks for a buy-in.
- 2. Come up with the six essential elements for a brand style guide. These are:
- i. Brand story
- ii. Logo
- iii. Colour palette
- iv. Typography
- v. Imagery
- vi. Voice
- 3. List other brand elements that need to be included like the online digital layout and social media marketing.
- 4. Build the guide with a structure. To achieve this, combine the six essential style guide elements with brand wants.
- 5. Work with the style guide as it evolves.
Improve continuously on the content strategy: Test and adjust the content to make it come alive. Save funds and time by employing content campaigns.
Nominate a brand steward: A designated person should be chosen to ensure brand guidelines are accessible and remain current. The brand steward can have regular sessions, reviewing quality assurance.